Have you ever had to interview someone? For an assignment, or to hire someone? Or just been stuck trying to make small talk and nothing comes into your mind?
Prior interviewing someone, I like to brush up on the most prevalent questions asked, so have completed some online searches. There are typically some lists, and while many questions are alike, there is some variance. As I was reading a list of the 50 Most Common Interview Questions from Forbes, I started thinking about how those might apply to life in general.
I’ve narrowed this down to 36, but it’s interesting to go through and really think through your answers on these. It might cause an “aha” moment, a moment of self-awareness, or make you uncomfortable – either knowing you are not where you want to be or just that your’e having difficulty admitting your downfalls. The more you know about yourself, the better YOU you can be.
These are also ideas for an excellent jumping-off point for a conversation with someone else. If you're not a natural-born conversationalist (even if you're on the other side of a computer!), you may need some practice!
This deviates from the original list, but you get the idea. Think on it.
The Most Common LIFE Questions:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in the occupation you are in? (And ARE you interested in it??)
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- Why do you want to leave your current job?
- What can you offer the world that someone else can not?
- What are three things your friends/family/coworkers would like you to improve on?
- Are you willing to relocate for a job or to do something you love? Why or why not?
- Are you willing to travel? Why or why not?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- What is your dream job?
- Discuss your resume or the things you’ve done in life.
- Discuss your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- What do you do on holidays/weekends? Would you ever work on holidays/weekends?
- How would you deal with an angry or irate person in your life?
- What are monetary requirements to live the life you want to live?
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a task?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What motivates you?
- Who’s your mentor?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your friend/family/coworker?
- How do you handle pressure?
- What are your life goals?
- What gets you up in the morning?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- What was the last book you’ve read for fun?
- What are your biggest pet peeves?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite website?
- What makes you uncomfortable?
- What are some of your leadership experiences?
- How would you fire someone? Either from a job or your life?
- What do you like the most and least about working in your chosen industry?
Google yourself. What do you find? Is it something to be proud of?
Take this lesson in self-awareness with you as you tackle the rest of this week. How have YOU already improved? Can you draw someone else out of their shell by using questions from this list?
If you had a difficult time answering some of the above questions, or beginning a conversation with them, continue to mull them over. It's a beginning point, and you will get more comfortable with it.
It’s your life, and you only have one, so DESIGN THE LIFE YOU DESIRE. So you can live your life... your way. Find your passion. Life’s short.
Are you now in a position to build rapport with others? Stay tuned for more great information! But, better yet...
Become a part of a community that is a great support on this journey and will give you a WEALTH of tools to use to improve yourself and your business! This will give you the ULTIMATE in building your business!
Go ahead and take the 10-day trial for $10 bucks. (You know you want to.) This will allow you unlimited access to begin learning and implementing the business building strategies to grow your brand, your clientele, and increase your profits.
Still Need Help?
Did This Help You? If so, please let me know in a comment below!! Please also feel free to check out my business page on Facebook!